- Collection of Personal Data
The term “Personal Data” means any information in our possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to an individual to the extent that the individual can be identified or are identifiable from that and other information in our possession, such as name, address, telephone number, Identification/Passport number, date of birth, photograph, email address, household information, etc. as well as Sensitive Personal Data as defined under the PDPA, which includes but is not limited to, information pertaining to the physical or mental health or condition of a data subject and religious beliefs. The types of Personal Data collected depend on the purpose of collection. We may “process” your Personal Data by way of collecting, recording, holding, storing, using and/or disclosing it.In order for us to provide you with the best possible Products and/or Services, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Sensitive information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race.
- Contact information such as current private and/or business address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address and physical address.
- Payment information such as your credit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address, expiry date and other bank account details.
- The status of the Products and/or Services you have acquired from us.
- Usage of the Products and/or Service (such as live TV channels and video on-demand viewing preferences).
- Recording of calls placed by you to our help desk, Live Chat you have had with our operators and/or Tickets you have placed for our service enhancement and improvement.
- Use of Personal Data
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or industry codes that applies to us.
- To verify your identity.
- To assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services.
- To provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested.
- To administer and manage the Products and/or Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts).
- To investigate and resolve any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our network, Products and Services.
- To assess and/or verify credit worthiness.
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
- To engage in business transactions in respect of Products and/or Services to be offered and provided to you.
- To establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you.
- To help us monitor and improve the performance of our Products and Services, our customer service teams and our website.
- To maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
- To manage staff training and quality assurance.
- To communicate with you about benefits, deals and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services.
- To produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual.
- To analyse statistical data from website and advertisement analytics.
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research).
- To investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving Enjoy TV.
- To maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes.
- Tor any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
Enjoy TV will not provide or sell your personal information to any third party and will keep all information confidential. However, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties for various reasons described below:
- Enjoy TV & Film Broadcasting Corporation (ETBC) group of companies – We share your information among our subsidiaries within the group as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements; content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers – Enjoy TV utilizes third party companies, agents, contractors to provide services such as payment, marketing, advertising, infrastructure and IT. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Our Business Associates and Strategic Partners – Enjoy TV works with several partners to provide you with products, services and content. In order to provide you with the most relevant content, we may disclose some of your personal information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Any credit reporting agencies or in the event of default, any debt collection agencies subject to the permitted law applicable to us.
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent.
- Incomplete Personal Information Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Products and/or Services.
- Your Options We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us. If you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or if you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, not relevant or not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by emailing to [email protected] You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want to correct. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days of receiving your request.Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity, when information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations. If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at [email protected] Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.When you create an account in Enjoy TV, you are automatically subscribed to receive transactional notices, email newsletters and news of special promotions offered by Enjoy TV. To unsubscribe from our newsletters and promotional mailings, you may click on the unsubscribe links provided in promotional email messages sent to you or contact our support.
- Data Retention We will retain your personal information in compliance with this Policy and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with Enjoy TV for the duration of your relationship with us. We are required to keep this information as it may be necessary to protect the interests of Enjoy TV and/or its customers. Therefore, we reserve the right to keep your personal information when it is required by the law and/or by Enjoy TV’s relevant policies.
- Our Contact Details
Designation: Data Protection Officer (DPO) Telephone: 03-9059 6688 Email: [email protected]